Drive Recorder  ドライブレコーダー

Our drive recorder, SAA3060300, didn’t work well.

I took the micro SD card out to check the recording, but when I put it back the recorder no longer worked.  I tried a different micro SD card, but it didn’t work either.  After a few days it suddenly started working again, so I took the micro SD card out again and checked if it was really recording.  The recording was OK, but the time stamps on the recordings were completely wrong.

We went back to the car dealer that had installed the drive recorder.  The mechanic said that he would need to dismount it and send it back to the manufacturer.  It wasn’t under warranty any more, so if the clock battery inside was worn out, it would cost about 5,000yen. It could be more if something else was wrong.  He told us that a new one would cost about 20,000yen.  So we decided to think about it some more.

In the worst case it would cost us 20,000yen, so we decided to dismount it ourselves and check inside.   My husband and I both like to do things like that.

It took us some time to open it.  I searched the internet, but couldn’t find any information.  We found a very small hole in each side of the drive recorder, and we could see double-backed tape from there so we removed the tape.  We managed to open the drive recorder.  After removing some screws, we found the battery inside.

I found the same battery on the internet. It was about 1,000yen including shipment.  My husband checked the battery and there was still enough power in it.  We couldn’t find anything else wrong, so we reassembled it.

I set the right time in the micro SD card, installed it in the car, and did a trial recording.  Both the recording and the time stamp were right this time.

We don’t know what happened, but we saved some money.


ドライブレコーダーSAA3060300の調子が良くありませんでした。

マイクロSDカードを取り出してまた入れたところ、録画しなくなりました。別のマイクロSDカードを入れても同じでした。が突然録画が始まったようだったので、マイクロSDカードを取り出して確認したところ、録画はしてありましたが時間がずれていました。

ティーラ―に見せにいったところ、取り外してメーカーに送って修理、と言われました。もう保証期間は過ぎていたので、内臓電池の交換だと5000円ぐらいだけど他が壊れている場合はもっとかかるかもしれないと言われました。新しいものにすると2万円だそうで、とりあえず様子を見ることにしました。

最悪新しくするなら、と取り外して中身をみてみることにしました。夫も私も分解するのが好きなのです。

まず開けるのに一苦労。インターネットで探してみましたが、どこにも情報はありませんでした。小さな穴があったのでそこをつついてみたら、中に両面テープが貼ってあるのが見えました。じゃあここが開くのか、で少し開けてテープを剥がしてみたら無事ケースから中身を取り出すことができました。その後はネジがあったらそれを外して、内臓電池まで行きつくことができました。

インターネットで同じ電池を探したらありました。送料込みでも1000円ぐらいでした。でもまず電池が切れているかを確かめたら切れていないようなので、そのまままた組み立てました。

車に取り付けて時間を合わせたマイクロSDカードを入れ、少しだけ録画をして確かめてみたところ、ちゃんと時間も合って録画されていました。

何が悪かったのかわかりませんが、とりあえず節約にはなりました。